A suspicious mole is an unusual or atypical growth on the skin that may raise concerns about potential skin cancer or other skin conditions. It can exhibit irregular shape, asymmetry, uneven borders, multiple colors, a large size, or evolving appearance. If you notice a suspicious mole on your skin, seek professional evaluation.
Rocky Mountain Dermatology has locations in North Logan, Brigham City, Washington Terrace, Marriott-Slaterville, and Bountiful, UT, and provides expert dermatological care. We specialize in diagnosing and treating skin disorders, including skin cancer screenings. It's advisable to visit Rocky Mountain Dermatology to examine the suspicious mole to determine the appropriate course of action and ensure your skin health.
When To Be Concerned About a Mole
Regarding moles on our skin, we must be vigilant and aware of changes that might indicate a potential problem. While most moles are harmless, some can be a cause for concern. Here are some instances when you should pay attention and consult our dermatologist:
- Change in size: If a mole suddenly grows larger or becomes significantly smaller, it's time to take notice.
- Irregular shape: Monitor irregular or asymmetrical borders closely, as they can be a sign of skin cancer.
- Unusual colors: Moles that exhibit different colors within them, such as shades of black, brown, red, white, or blue, warrant attention.
- Bleeding or itching: Moles that become itchy, start bleeding without injury or develop a scaly appearance need evaluation.
- Rapid changes: Any mole in North Logan, UT, that undergoes rapid changes like sudden elevation or ulceration requires immediate medical attention.
- Surrounding skin changes: If the skin around a mole becomes inflamed, red, or develops a halo, it could be a sign of concern.
Your Initial Consultation: What To Expect
During your initial consultation at Rocky Mountain Dermatology for a suspicious mole, you can expect a thorough examination and compassionate care from our experienced dermatologists. We understand the importance of addressing your concerns and ensuring your well-being. Our experts will carefully assess the mole, examining its size, shape, color, and other relevant characteristics.
They may also inquire about any changes you've noticed or symptoms you may be experiencing. We'll listen attentively, answer your questions, and clearly explain our findings and recommendations. Whether it's a benign growth, a common skin condition, or potentially something more serious, our goal is to deliver accurate information, personalized treatment options, and the peace of mind you deserve. You're not alone—we're here to support you every step of the way.
Please explore our website to learn about the conditions we treat and the services provided. Visit Rocky Mountain Dermatology to get that suspicious mole in North Logan, UT, examined by our skilled experts. Call for more information today at (435) 787-0560 for the office in North Logan, UT, (801) 827-9100 for the offices in Brigham City, Washington Terrace, and Marriott-Slaterville, UT, and (801) 797-9121 for the office in Bountiful, UT.